LDA’s technical publication oriented toward professionals in the field of learning disabilities. The journal is a vehicle for disseminating the most current thinking on learning disabilities and to provide information on research, practice, theory, issues, and trends regarding learning disabilities from the perspectives of varied disciplines involved in broadening the understanding of learning disabilities.
The disciplines represented in the journal include adults, advocacy, assessment, college programs, cultural differences, early childhood, public and private education, families, higher and adult education, law, mental health, public policy, research, science, social and emotional issues, social work, technology, and vocational and career education.
Manuscripts submitted should be data based; however, in some cases papers that discuss timely issues and trends may be appropriate
Editor: Robin Church, Ed.D.
The current issue (Vol. 20, No. 2) of Learning Disabilities: A Multidisciplinary Journal includes these articles:
- Critical Issues in Response-to-Intervention, Comprehensive Evaluation, and Specific Learning Disabilities Identification and Intervention: An Expert White Paper Consensus LDA Expert Panel
- Screening to Assign Accommodations: Using Data to Make Decisions
Leanne R. Ketterlin-Geller, Lindy Crawford,, Jacqueline N. Huscroft-D’Angelo
- Comparing the Impact of Rates of Text-to-Speech Software on Reading Fluency and Comprehension for Adults With Reading Difficulties Mari Beth Coleman, Laura K. Kildare, Sherry Mee Bell, Amanda M. Carter
- Movement Difficulties Affect Children’s Learning: An Overview of Developmental Coordination Disorder (DCD) Priscila CaÃƒÂ§ola
- Time-Based Versus Task-Based Contingencies: Which is More Effective for Independent Academic Assignments for Students With Learning Disabilities? Youjia Hua, David L. Lee, Sam Stansbery, James K. McAfee
Read a current article in this edition by clicking here.
Annual subscription rates:
- Current LDA Member Online Only Version: $35
- Current LDA Member (USA) Print Only Version: $45
- Current LDA Member (USA) Print and Online Version: $60
- Current LDA Member (International) Print and Online Version: $90
- Non-LDA Member Online Only Version: $65
- Non-LDA Member (USA) Print Only Version: $75
- Non-LDA Member (USA) Print and Online Version: $90
- Non-LDA Member (International) Print Only Version: $150
- Non-LDA Member (International) Print and Online Version: $165
- Institution Online Only Version: $279
- Institution Print Only Version: $299
- Institution Print and Online Version: $329
Read samples from a past journal
- Journal Vol 18 # 1_article, Todd H. Sundeen
- Journal Vol 18 #2_article, Edward Karl Schultz, Cynthia G. Simpson, and Sharon Lynch