The Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA) believes that every person with learning disabilities can succeed in school, at work, in relationships, and within the community–when provided the right supports and the right opportunities.
LDA is unique in that our membership is comprised of both parents and professionals in the field who work side by side to advocate for individuals with learning disabilities. Read what some of our members have to say about why they joined LDA…
“I became a member of LDA because my son was struggling in school and I was able to get the resources I needed from LDA to share with my son’s teachers and to help at home. It also gave me the peace of mind that I am not alone.”
– Beth, parent, Texas
“I became a member of LDA because the students in my classroom needed more individualized attention and LDA provided the resources and support to help me help my students. I often share what I learn with colleagues.”
– Ernie, classroom teacher, Illinois
Adults with LD
“My membership in LDA means that I have access to the laws that protect me as an adult with learning disabilities helping me be an advocate for myself. It also provides the types of accommodations that I might receive to help me succeed in the classroom and in the workplace.”
– Jodi, Pennsylvania
“As a pediatrician I often see parents who are unsure of where to turn after their child is diagnosed with a learning disability. I refer them to LDA to help them start on their journey.”
- Dr. Susan Smith
Join LDA Now!
View LDA Membership rates by state
- $30 in Alabama, Alaska, Delaware, Florida, Idaho, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Vermont, West Virginia, Washington D.C., Wyoming.
- $35 in Kentucky, Maine, Ohio, Texas, Virginia.
- $40 in Arizona, Connecticut, Georgia, Iowa, Indiana, Kansas, Nebraska, New Hampshire.
- $45 in Arkansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Wisconsin.
- $50 in Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Washington.
- $55 in California.
- $25 for U.S. Students, submission via print application with proper verification.
- $45 for Outside US membership.
Complete our easy Online Membership Application below or use our Printable LDA Membership Application to join by mail or fax.