As LDA of America’s Coordinator of Affiliate Services, I have dedicated substantial time and energy in LDA’s membership growth and expansion. Over the past month, I have contacted more than 3,000 expired members to encourage them to renew their membership.
As a membership organization, your membership with LDA of America is essential to serving the one in five kids who has a learning or attention issue. Chances are, you know someone with learning and attention issues. LDA is unique in that membership unites parents, professionals, and adults with learning disabilities in our mission to ensure that all individuals affected by learning disabilities have opportunities for success.
Your LDA membership benefits include:
- Support & Advocacy through state and local affiliates. Find your affiliate here.
- A voice in Washington, advocating for your best interest.
- Access to our Parents eBook – a resource for parents on learning disabilities.
- LDA Today- LDA’s comprehensive national electronic newsletter published bi-monthly.
- Involvement with LDA’s Healthy Children Project which advocates for safer chemicals and safer products to protect children’s developing brains from toxic exposures that can contribute to learning and developmental problems.
- Comprehensive website featuring exclusive Members area with access to leading experts and online training.
- Discounts on registration for state and national LDA conferences and workshops.
- Discount subscription to Learning Disabilities: A Multidisciplinary Journal, published quarterly.
- Access to Professional Liability, General Liability and Abuse and Molestation defense coverage at a reduced rate.
Around LDA’s state affiliates, I have been focused on creating more dedicated support from LDA of America to the state affiliates such as providing individual needs assessment, creating training to occur year-round on topics such as nonprofit 101 and membership recruitment/retention. Additionally, I have been working to reestablish state affiliates in the following states: California and Hawaii. If you are from either of these states and interested in learning about how you could get involved, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Progress is also being made in Nevada and Pennsylvania to reestablish their state affiliates. If you would like to get involved in these states, please let me know.