The Learning Disabilities Association of Virginia (LDAV) is a state-level affiliate of the Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA). Our organization focuses on enhancing educational and vocational services for individuals with learning disabilities who live in Virginia while supporting the efforts of LDA at the national level.
- Support and Encourage individuals with learning disabilities, their parents, and the professionals who serve them
- Serve and Protect individuals with learning disabilities
- Develop and Maintain collaborative efforts with educators and service providers
- Ã‚Â Create and Improve the climate of public awareness and acceptance
- Promote and Establish life long career opportunitites
- Stimulate and Develop scientific and programmatic research for better prevention, early detection, education and life success
Who Should Belong to LDAV?
- Individuals with learning disabilities who need the support of others and their examples to enable them to have productive and successful lives.
- Parents who need to become active participants in the education of their children in school and their support when they become adults.
- Professionals who need the support and encouragement of individuals with disabilities and their parents in their efforts to better serve them.