LDA’s technical publication oriented toward professionals in the field of learning disabilities. The journal is a vehicle for disseminating the most current thinking on learning disabilities and to provide information on research, practice, theory, issues, and trends regarding learning disabilities from the perspectives of varied disciplines involved in broadening the understanding of learning disabilities.
The disciplines represented in the journal include adults, advocacy, assessment, college programs, cultural differences, early childhood, public and private education, families, higher and adult education, law, mental health, public policy, research, science, social and emotional issues, social work, technology, and vocational and career education.
Manuscripts submitted should be data based; however, in some cases papers that discuss timely issues and trends may be appropriate
Editor: Robin Church, Ed.D.
The current issue (Vol. 23, No. 1) of Learning Disabilities: A Multidisciplinary Journal includes these articles:
- Special Educator Teacher Candidate Preparation in Reading: A Statewide Examination, Nicole Fenty, Christine Uliassi
- Movement Issues Identified in Movement ABC2 Checklist Parent Ratings for Students with Persisting Dysgraphia, Dyslexia, and OWL LD and Typical Literacy Learners, Kathleen Nielsen, Sheila Henderson, Anna L. Barnett, Robert D. Abbott, Virginia Berninger
- Personal Narratives of African American Students with Learning Disabilities: Challenging “Privileged” Patterns?, Dorota Celinska
- Evaluating Calculators as Accommodations for Secondary Students With Disabilities, Erin Kae Bone, Emily C. Bouck
The free access article in this issue is “Special Educator Teacher Candidate Preparation in Reading: A Statewide Examination” can be read by scrolling down to the “Full Text: PDF” link on the abstract page:
Review the guidelines for submitting articles.
Check out some of our previous author videos on their articles:
Dr. Alison Pritchard
Annual subscription rates:
- Current LDA Member Online Only Version: $40
- Current LDA Member (USA) Print Only Version: $50
- Current LDA Member (USA) Print and Online Version: $60
- Current LDA Member (International) Print and Online Version: $90
- Non-LDA Member Online Only Version: $65
- Non-LDA Member (USA) Print Only Version: $75
- Non-LDA Member (USA) Print and Online Version: $90
- Non-LDA Member (International) Print Only Version: $150
- Non-LDA Member (International) Print and Online Version: $165
- Institution Online Only Version: $279
- Institution Print Only Version: $299
- Institution Print and Online Version: $329
Read samples from a past journal
- Journal Vol 18 # 1_article, Todd H. Sundeen
- Journal Vol 18 #2_article, Edward Karl Schultz, Cynthia G. Simpson, and Sharon Lynch