Come to Baltimore in February 2017
LDA’s mission is to create opportunities for success for all individuals affected by learning disabilities and to reduce the incidence of learning disabilities in future generations. LDA believes everyone can succeed at school, at work, in relationships, and in the community – if given the right opportunities and supports as needed. Please plan on joining us for our 54th Annual International Conference in Baltimore, Maryland February 16-19, 2017, for a time of learning and discovering how we can advocate and work together to create new opportunities for children and adults with learning disabilities. All workshops, sessions and activities will take place at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront hotel, located in the heart of downtown’s Harbor East district.
Don't worry! You can still register on site in Baltimore at the Registration desk though!
2017 Annual Conference Rates
FULL CONFERENCE ON SITE REGISTRATION FEES
SINGLE DAYS ON SITE REGISTRATION FEES
Member or Non-Member $265
Teacher Scholarships Available!
LDA, with the generous support of The New Hampshire Charitable Foundation will be awarding 20 Teacher Scholarships for 2017. The deadline for applications has passed for this year.
Parent Scholarships Available!
LDA will also be awarding Parent/Guardian Scholarships for 2017. The deadline for applications has passed for this year.
Read what everyone is saying about the LDA Conference!
- The Conference was excellent. All the keynote speakers were very inspiring and shared wealth of information. It helped me reflect on my teaching and ways on how to improve in teaching my students with special needs.
- I learned so much this year, especially new assistive technology ideas that I’ve already been able to implement. Also, the networking with other educators is fantastic!
- This was my first LDA conference and I could not have asked for a better experience.
- As a parent, I was amazed at the many sessions offered that really made a difference in how I support my kids. This was a great conference for me for several reasons: 1) in depth information; 2) speakers willing to talk to me and answer my questions, and 3) I met other parents who could totally relate to my situation.
Who Should Attend this Conference?
- Teachers of special education and general education
- Counselors, Social Workers
- Principals and school administrators
- Parents of children with learning disabilities
- Researchers, Medical and Mental Health Professionals
- Adults with learning disabilities and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder
- College student support personnel
Exhibitors, Advertisers & Sponsors
Become a part of our growing group of vendors and advertisers at the leading conference on learning disabilities. Join publishing companies, private schools, summer camp programs, software and educational product vendors. This is your best opportunity to reach educators and decision makers across the country. Our complete prospectus contains all relevant information you need. Contact us for any questions you may have or to be placed on our mailing list.
Housing and Transportation
Don’t delay…make your hotel reservation today! All conference sessions and events will take place at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront Hotel, located in the heart of the city's bustling Harbor East district, just steps from top-quality shopping and dining including Little Italy. In addition, the hotel's ideal placement offers simple access to the Baltimore Aquarium, Fells Point, and Camden Yards.
The special group rate for the LDA Conference is $179.00 single/double occupancy and are subject to state, local and occupancy taxes in effect in Baltimore. Only a limited number of rooms are reserved for LDA at this incredible rate so book your room today! Please use this link or the button to book your reservation directly to ensure this rate. If you prefer, you may secure your reservation by calling 877-212-5752. Please be sure to mention the LDA Conference to get the group rate.You must mention the group meeting LDA in order to secure the discounted room rate of $179.00. All reservations MUST be made by January 14, 2017 or before the group rooms are sold out! Prevailing rates may apply after this date or when the group rooms are sold out, whichever occurs first. Rooms are subject to availability.
Getting here...Airport Transportation
The major airport servicing Baltimore is Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI). Transportation from the airport to the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront Hotel will be simple by using Supreme Airport Shuttle. LDA has arranged for one-way transportation at $15.00 ($5.00 discount off regular cost) if you pre-arrange your transportation by following these simple steps (Please NOTE: The information in the printed pre-book is incorrect for the shuttle, please use the following steps):
- Go to http://www.supremeairportshuttle.com
- Click the Reservations Tab
- Enter the required reservation information.
- Enter promotional code bwi4
- Click MAKE RESERVATION
Discount will be taken from $19 to $15.
Or you can call 1-800-590-0000, ask for Chrissy Ketterman and she will make your reservation or apply the discount directly for you. Chrissy is there M-F 7am-3pm Eastern standard time.
If you do not choose to take advantage of the discount or advance reservations with Supreme Airport Shuttle, there will be plenty of taxi and Uber options also available at the airport.