LDA Online Coffee Connections
October 29, 2020 @ 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm EDT
Join LDA and IEP Equity for LDA Online Coffee Connections to discuss with supportive peers about what’s working in this new normal for your students with special education needs.
What District initiatives are actually working for students with disabilities in our current virtual and blended learning environments? Which ideas, tools, changes have made things better? Are there best practices we can all learn from?
Many parents, educators, and specialists have shared their struggles over the past few Coffee Connections, so for this latest session we will be:
- Starting with a 15 minute panel from New Hope-Solebury School District discussing what is working in their district, and then
- Rotating through two open discussion session with the panelists.
Many of us are struggling through disrupted routines, limited services, cancelled activities, and school year uncertainty – causing feelings of frustration and isolation that others just cannot understand. Overcome these at our Online Coffee Connections at NO COST for LDA Members.
For more information on joining or renewing your LDA membership, please click here to visit the LDA membership page.
Our Online Coffee Connections program brings together parents, caregivers, and educators to safely discuss the challenges and strategies for supporting children with disabilities in a world of blended education. Each session will:
- Raise a current topic impacting many parents like us,
- Break into three rounds of facilitated small group discussions, and
- Conclude with a summary email outlining helpful ideas or themes that were discussed in the break-out sessions.
It is important to connect and learn from others who understand the joy, rewards, and sometimes exhausting chaos of parenting a child with disabilities. Join us to find – and be – that person who helps get us through the challenges we are all facing together.