Dear Board of Directors, State Affiliate Leaders, Professional Advisory Board, and Committee Members,
Since 1964, LDA of America has provided support to people with learning disabilities, their parents, teachers and other professionals with cutting edge information on learning disabilities, practical solutions, and a comprehensive network of resources nationwide. These services make LDA the leading resource for information on learning disabilities. LDA’s mission is to create opportunities for success for all individuals affected by learning disabilities through support, education, and advocacy.
LDA of America is seeking to expand its Board of Directors by bringing on a diverse group of new members from across the nation. Nominations will enhance the strengths, expertise, business acumen, and demographics of our current board of directors. New board members will join an already committed, dedicated and professional governing board. The Board of Directors is responsible for supporting the mission of LDA of America, setting policy, providing leadership and is accountable for fiscal and strategic oversight.
- LDA’s Nominating Committee is seeking applicants who are able to serve a 3-year term from 2023 through 2026. Specific areas of expertise and experiences desired in nominees include:
- A passion for the work and mission of LDA of America
- Strategic marketing, communications and public relations experience
- Strategic business development and risk and crisis management
- Financial acumen, including strategic financial management skills
- Legal expertise
- Experience working with individual and/or institutional funders
- Racially/ethnically, culturally, geographically, generationally and/or professionally diverse
To apply, please complete the Board of Directors Application by August 30, 2022. Applicants will be interviewed in September 2022 and notified about their application status prior to board elections in February 2023. Nominees must attend the 2023 LDA Annual International Conference.