LDA’s mission is to create opportunities for success for all individuals affected by learning disabilities and to reduce the incidence of learning disabilities in future generations. LDA believes everyone can succeed at school, at work, in relationships, and in the community given the right opportunities and supports as needed. Please bring your family, friends and co-workers to the 2016 LDA Conference at the World Center Marriott in Orlando, FL, for a time of learning and discovering how we can advocate and work together to create new opportunities for children and adults with learning disabilities. Please check this page often, as more information becomes available, it will be posted here.
Announcing our Keynote and Featured Speakers!
- Keynote Speaker | February 15th – Lisa Dieker, Professor and Lockheed Martin Eminent Scholar at the University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
- Keynote Speaker | February 16th – Douglas Fuchs, Professor and Nicholas Hobbs Chair in Special Education and Human Development at Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- Keynote Speakers | February 17th – Don Deshler is a professor in the School of Education and (former) director of the Center for Research on Learning (CRL) at the University of Kansas and Sean J. Smith is a professor in the School of Education, University of Kansas
- Adult Luncheon Speaker | February 16th – Kayla Wilson, Georgia State Rehabilitation Council
- Awards Breakfast Speaker | February 18th – David Bowker, Director, Office of Future Engineers, Purdue University
Who Should Attend this Conference?
- Adults with learning disabilities and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Parents of children with learning disabilities and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Teachers of special education and general education
- Principals and Administrators
- Counselors, Social Workers
- Researchers, Medical and Mental Health Professionals
- Education Policy Advocates
- College Student Support Personnel
Exhibitors, Advertisers & Sponsors
Become a part of our growing group of vendors and advertisers at the leading conference on learning disabilities. Join publishing companies, private schools, summer camp programs, software and educational product vendors. This is your best opportunity to reach educators and decision makers across the country. Our complete prospectus contains all relevant information you need. Contact us for any questions you may have or to be placed on our mailing list.